When parking your vehicle on the Penn State 新肯辛顿 campus, please abide by the following policies. Vehicles found to be in violation of these regulations may be subjected to towing at the owner's expense. See the following PDF file for complete parking rules and regulations (PDF).
停车 Permit Registration
停车 permits are required for all parking spaces on campus.
The procedures for obtaining parking passes are as follows:
Student parking is free of charge. To receive a valid parking permit a student must complete an online motor vehicle registration form in order to obtain a valid permit. Permits for all vehicles, 包括摩托车, must be renewed each August for the Fall and Spring semesters, and each May for Summer. 停车 permits can be picked up during the first 2 weeks of each semester in the main lobby of the Administration Building or at any other time in the office of 警察 and 公共安全 in IST 033. A valid PSU ID is required when picking up your permit.
教师 and staff must register their vehicles online every 3 years. Once the online registration form is completed, their free parking pass shall be available for pick up in the office of 警察 and 公共安全 in IST 033, within 2 business days. A valid PSU ID is required when picking up your permit.
Handicapped permits can be obtained by submitting the proper forms to the 公共安全 Manager.
游客 must obtain a visitor parking permit from the 招生 office at no charge. The 招生 office is open during regular business hours.
Students, 教师 and 工作人员 should fill out the following online form to register for parking: Vehicle Registration Form
Permits must be properly displayed as noted below. Exceptions must be approved by the Business and Finance office in advance.
- 摩托车, Permit should be affixed to right front fork, a plate attached to the crash bar located on either the right or left side just behind the front tire of your motorcycle, or on a plate attached to the license plate bracket. The serial number should run vertically and be clearly visible.
- 汽车- - - - - - Permit should be hung from the interior rearview mirror, facing forward. If there is no rearview mirror, contact the Business and Finance office.
- 停车 in grassy areas is not permitted.
- Any vehicle not parked in a designated legal space is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- Any vehicle parked along curbs or on sidewalks, hindering/damaging campus operations or property, or obstructing a roadway, a designated handicap space or the access aisle adjacent to it, or a reserved space is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- 停车 is not permitted in Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) spaces without a state-issued handicap parking placard and a Penn State parking permit. The access aisle adjacent to the space is considered part of the space and will be enforced accordingly.
- Reserved spaces are reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This includes holidays and times when the University is not in full operation. Reserved spaces are indicated in red on the parking map.
Your vehicle may be towed for the following parking violations:
- 停车 in a no parking zone
- 停车 in a service or loading area
- 停车 with no permit, or not properly displaying permit
- 停车 in a fire zone
- 停车 in a reserved space
- 停车 an unregistered vehicle
- 停车 in a handicapped space
- 停车 on grass, driveway, roadway
Accident and Vehicle Damage
Should an accident or vehicle damage occur on campus, please contact the office of 警察 and 公共安全 in IST 033 by dialing 724-334-6120.