合乐88手机版app下载新肯辛顿分校 was founded in 1958 as a result of a study of the local need for higher education in the Alle-Kiski Valley. From its roots in a remodeled high school building on Fourth Avenue in 新肯辛顿, the campus has evolved into a modern educational facility on seventy-two beautifully wooded acres in Upper Burrell.
The 新肯辛顿 Center was opened in 1958 in the First Ward School Building in the heart of the city of 新肯辛顿. In 1963, the Center moved to the former Parnassus Junior High School and began offering the first two years of Penn State's baccalaureate programs on a full-time basis in education, 文科, 工商管理, 人类发展.
同年, Alcoa offered to give the University a thirty-five-acre tract of land on Route 780 in Upper Burrell Township, four miles east of the city.
1966年9月, classes convened in the Engineering Building, the Upper Burrell campus’ first building. 今天, the Engineering Building houses one of only two fully-equipped student Intensive Care Unit (ICU) laboratories in the country. Also in 1966, men’s basketball became the campus’ first varsity sport.
两年后, 1968, 科学, 活动, 教员和行政管理, and Library buildings were completed. The new facilities included additional labs and the Art Gallery. 同年, twenty-seven additional acres were purchased from a neighboring farmer.
The 体育运动 Center (formerly the Health and Physical Education Complex) opened in 1969. 内部, the center comprises the 600-seat Field House (home of the basketball, 排球, 和摔跤队), 壁球球场, 摔跤的房间, 健身房, cardiovascular training center, 护士站, 以及教职员办公室. The outside venues include a regulation soccer field, home of the men's soccer team, a multi-purpose practice field, and a practice green for the men's and women's golf team.
In 1971, 论坛剧场, a 350-seat thrust stage theatre, opened with the student production of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."
As the campus grew, so did its enrollment and the need for a gathering place for students. In 1975, the Student Learning Center opened with a cafeteria, 娱乐设施, 书店, and 学术 and 职业成功中心.
在80年代末, a capital campaign provided funds for a Science and Technology Center, The opening of the building in 1990 made the campus one of the most technically advanced in the Penn State system. In 2000, a large section of the 活动 Building was remodeled to form the Information and Technology Center - home to the Information Sciences and Technology program.
After a ten-year building hiatus, the new Conference Center and classroom building opened in March 2001. It contains a large conference room, 一个厨房, two large and six small classrooms, 教职员办公室, and a lobby with a large courtyard.
In 2009, the cafeteria was remolded and renamed Cafe 780. In addition, a coffee bar, the Junction, opened in the lobby of the main entrance. The Café 780 court yard was remodeled in the summer of 2014 with the addition of a pergola, fire pit and new furniture. The 体育运动 Center was renovated in 2011 with a new cardiovascular room, 新更衣室, 还有一个升级的健身房. A pilates/yoga room was added in 2014.
今天, nearly 500 students matriculate on campus and are studying in 15 bachelor's and associate programs. 就像我们计划未来一样, the 新肯辛顿 campus is looking to add additional academic programs that are grounded in the campus’ curricular strengths — math, 科学, and 文科 — to meet the changing needs of the region. Students seek a campus that is accessible, 灵活的, 适当的时间和地点, and one that provides a broad range of choices. 新肯辛顿 is such a campus and it is an intricate member of the 24-campuses that comprise The 宾西法尼亚 State University.
- Dr. Kevin Snider, Chancellor, 2008-present
- Dr. Larry Pollock, Chancellor, 2002-2008
- Dr. Carol Rush, Campus Executive Officer, 1998-2002
- Dr. Catherine Gannon, Campus Executive Officer, 1995-98
- Dr. Roy Myers, Campus Executive Officer, 1992-95
- Dr. Robert Arbuckle, Campus Executive Officer, 1977-92
- Dr. Harry Russell, Campus Executive Officer,1968-77
- Dr. Eugene Heide, 新肯辛顿 Center Director, 1958-68